Saturday, January 28, 2012

Now that's funny ... at least to me

I have an odd sense of humor. Things that aren't funny to many people, I find hilarious. I'm the guy in the theater who inexplicably laughs out loud during the credits. You know him. If it's not me personally, it's my twin -- possibly evil, so look out.

Anyway, it's Saturday evening and I'm watching TV with my wife and son, and I bring up the on-screen guide to see what else is on besides the NHL All-Star Skills Competition. Now, I have nothing against the NHL All-Star Skills Competition. I'm a hockey fan. It's pretty amazing to see what those guys can do with a galvanized tree branch and a piece of frozen rubber.

Wow! Henrik Sedin of Vancouver just pinged the post of a 12-inch wide goal three times. He should get more points for that than for actually scoring.

Sorry. Easily distracted.

Okay, so back to the on-screen guide. I'm looking through our network channels and see "Figure Skating" on our two NBC affiliates. I'll pass, thanks. Then I scroll down to our ABC affiliate and notice that the American Broadcasting Company is running the Will Ferrell and Jon Heder classic, "Blades of Glory."

Snicker. Snort. Bahahahahahaha!

Just in case you're not familiar with it, "Blades of Glory" is a ridiculous film (See Ferrell and Heder) about two male figure skaters who are banned from singles competition. They then team up to compete in doubles skating. Yeah.

Get it? ABC running a parody about figure skating opposite an actual figure skating competition?

Now that's funny. Well, at least it is to me.

All right then.

Sorry.

I'm leaving now.

Have a good evening.

P.S.
Don't worry, my wife didn't find it funny, either, so you're in good company. She claims she chuckled, but she's just patronizing me, in Merriam-Webster definition 2 fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment