Saturday, March 10, 2012

Daylight Saving Time ... no worries

So instead of sitting here in my recliner pecking away at the keyboard like a hungry cardinal and whining in writing about "losing" an hour to Daylight Saving Time, I should be curling up on my new memory foam mattress counting dolphins. Right? Right.

Random Thought 1: Yes, dolphins. I grew up in Florida. We didn't have sheep, at least not that I remember.

Tonight we are supposed wind our clocks one hour ahead as Daylight Saving Time begins. And, yes, it is Daylight "Saving" Time, not "Savings". The powers that be who govern this stuff are pretty particular about the name thing from what I hear.

Random Thought 2: Actually, I have no idea if there are Daylight Saving Time powers that be or if they even care about the name.

I give a thumbs down to Daylight Saving Time for "taking" that hour away from me tonight. But that's really all I've got on the so called negative side of this make-believe argument.

On the positive side, I give a hearty thumbs up to Daylight Saving Time for the extra hour of daylight that we'll enjoy over the next several months. We fall back on Nov. 4.

What I'm truly thankful for is the knowledge and assurance that God Almighty, the Creator of the universe and everything we enjoy, has authority over the times and seasons. And the Lord who hung the planets and stars in place holds my life in His hands. Is there anything that I really need to worry about?

No comments:

Post a Comment